Vicki. 28 years old.
starting weight: 182
highest weight: 190
I reblog things that I find helpful and inspiring, and personal posts.
I've come a long way from the sick girl I used to be, but I still struggle every single day.
If you post thinspo, there is a 99.9% chance that I will NOT follow you back.
I am trying to get HEALTHY and cannot be exposing myself to things that will play a part in tearing me back down.
Over to the left I was a size 24-26 jeans and a 3X shirt, and over to the right I am wearing a size 11 jeans and M shirt and M jean vest
It’s crazy, and honestly so hard to believe! When I started my weight loss journey, I never expected these results!
Starting weight: 305 lbs
Current weight: 163 lbs
Goal weight: 150 (as of right now)
Changing my lifestyle was the best decision I could have ever made for myself :)
A Variation For Almost Every Day Of The Month
- Back Squat
- Front Squat
- Goblet Squat
- Prisoner Squat
- Regular Squat
- Split Squat
- Squat Jump
- Uneven Squat
- Monkey Squat
- "Ugh fruit has so much sugar omg it will totes make me fat." NO. Fruit is very high in water and has little to no fat (with the rare exception of things like avocado… which is God’s gift to man so we should eat that anyway). The sugar it contains is natural sugars which are good for you.
- Speaking of sugar, it has way less than things with added sugar. 1 whole cup of strawberries has about 7 grams, while 1 can of soda has about 30 grams on average. I’ll take my strawberries with some lemon squeezed on that because there simply isn’t enough fruit for me in just the strawberries.
- Have you ever tasted pineapple? Yeah. That shit is delicious.
- Fruit smoothie? You mean the healthy delicious treat that is the perfect amount of smooth and cold and is just the icing on the cake of a hot summer day? Yes. Please direct me to the nearest Jamba Juice.
- Oh, so many pretty colors. I think even dogs can see that beautiful piercing pink of dragon fruit.
- Antioxidants. All the antioxidants.
- Weird is good. There are weird fruits. See this list for proof.
- There is lots of dietary fiber in fruit. Who doesn’t like pooping regularly AMIRIGHT?
- There is no cholesterol, extremely low sodium, and low calories.
- It all just tastes fucking delicious and if we are so paranoid that something as healthy as fruit is making us fat I am probably just going to leave society and live in the wilderness amongst the fruits. I will live with the fruit and I will eat it and be happy because it’s good and lets all just have a great day and eat some rambutans god bless.
Running makes me feel alive; lifting makes me feel invincible.
Small, but it’s progress
The sad truth.
The first picture is from 2006. Back then, I was pretty crazy. I had some nasty depression and anxiety issues and I completely hated everything about myself. I was ‘surviving’ on severe calorie restriction, purging what I did eat and exercising until I felt like I was gonna pass out. I treated myself pretty terribly back then.
Once I turned 21 and started drinking, things got shitty on a whole different level. I definitely had a huge problem with alcohol. There’s quite a bit from 2008 onto about 2012 that I don’t remember due to being drunk a lot. I almost lost my job. I fucked up more than a few friendships. I was not a nice person. It was a dark dark time for me, and I kept on with my lifelong path of hating myself and self destruction. Besides the alcohol, I was eating like shit. My life then was definitely about instant gratification in any way I could get it. The middle picture is from 2010. I was not at my highest weight, but I was getting close.
The picture on the right is from two weeks ago. I tried on a bikini for the first time ever, looked in the mirror and smiled. I workout every day, because I ENJOY it. I’m working hard to get the body that I want, but I’m understanding of my body and my limits. I’ve lost some weight in the past few years, but more important to me is what I’ve gained. For the first time in my life, I am confident, I am proud of myself and I can honestly say that I like myself. It’s been a looooong hard road to get to this point and there’s been a lot of bumps in the road, but I made it. And I’m still working hard every day to get to where I want to be.
I have this big long annoying post written up to put on Instagram tomorrow. I’ve gotten involved in the fitness circle on there and I feel like I’ve hit the stage of progress where I can start posting shit.
But like, I’m really open about things in the post. I talk about my eating issues, as well as my alcohol and anxiety/depression issues. I guess I’m nervous to post it because I have a lot of IRL friends, as well as family that follow me on Instagram. They all kind of ~know but I never really talk about it.
And I’m trying to figure out pros v. cons of posting this and I just keep thinking, “what if somebody sees that and has hope for like a better future or something And blah blah blah.”
And then I just feel really douchey and narcissistic and now I don’t know what to do.
Column 1: Beef spiced with cumin, chilli, oregano & paprika.
Column 2: Chicken cooked in lemon & cracked pepper.
Column 3: Balsamic chilli and lime beef.
Column 4: Sweet chilli chicken.
All with broccoli, snow peas, beans & carrots.
Half with butternut pumpkin, half without.
How much does this usually run you as far as food cost goes? just curious how much people put into a weeks worth of meal prep so I have an idea for when I get back into the habit of this.
This is probably 2 weeks worth of lunch & dinner.
If I include snacks & breakfast (tuna, avocado, almonds, eggs, oats, etc) I will spend up to $130 AUS dollars.
It’s about shopping smart.
So less than $70 a week.
Omg this is the most beautiful meal prep I’ve ever seen.